Business travellers are becoming more advanced with their trips with the use of various modern travel management tools. However, despite the presence of these technologies, it can’t be denied that there are still some aspects of business travelling that requires human intuition and judgements, hence the need for corporate travel managers.
Corporate travel managers are responsible for administering, managing and monitoring travel policies, guidelines, and budget to ensure efficient and risk-free corporate travels.
The value that a travel expert can provide varies from the need of every business executive for their trips. Regardless, a travel manager will ensure that employees go to and from their destinations economically, safely and efficiently.
It is crucial that travel managers negotiate with travel suppliers to get the best available rates and be able to manage the travel activities to deliver a customer-oriented service. Travel managers know that the employee needs to be comfortable when travelling in order to be productive when they arrive at their destination.
Despite the emergence of advanced technology, it is no doubt that businesses still need travel managers to survive their trips abroad. In this infographic, we will discuss the roles that corporate managers play in to understand their importance for your travels.
- Conducts Travel Risk Assessment – Travel managers have the right eye for assessing different risks during the period that executives travel internationally and locally. A business which requires their employees to travel has a duty of care to ensure employees are kept safe when travelling for work. A corporate travel manager makes this possible. They will research and provide all travel arrangements, and ensure that the destinations are safe for the employee.
- Controls Travel Expenditures – A corporate travel manager will control the money spent on getting employees to and from their goal in the most economical way possible. Corporate travel managers understand an employee should be comfortable when they travel, so it’s not necessarily about booking the cheapest flights or accommodation; instead, a corporate travel manager will be able to negotiate with a travel supplier to get the best service at best rates available.
- Ensure Travel Insurance – Since you are hiring a safety expert, this also means that you are getting the benefit of having a travel insurance. Most business executives have a hard time managing their travel insurance because of loads and loads of work and meetings that they need to attend first. Luckily, travel managers are very keen to ensure that all employees have the best travel insurance plan not just because they are high profile, but because insurance is a basic necessity for travelling.
- Compliance with Contracts and Policies – Most travel deal arrangements will involve fine print within the contract. Your corporate travel manager will ensure the policy and agreements are abided by, as well as making sure they are beneficial for the company. Managing essential documents for your trip will always be reviewed and revised based on your travel needs and will still provide you with a copy of the papers for filing and emergency purposes.
- Solves Unforeseen Delays During Travels – Some business executives who have little to no time managing their trips has a hard time creating backup plans for flight delays and booking cancellation. With the presence of corporate travel managers to your trip management, they can easily present different scenarios starting from your chauffeur car services needs through your hotel accommodation.
- Suggest Travel Technology for Accurate Management – If travel is a significant part of your business, a corporate manager will make the most of travel technology that improves efficiency within your company. Booking systems can require attention to detail and a high amount of organisational skills to ensure all travel arrangements are on track. Other technologies allow employees to interact with each other while they are travelling, like remote access to the company network or a dedicated phone contract.
If you are interested to know more about the different roles and hiring benefits of a corporate travel manager in your company, you may visit our website at www.hyryde.com.
To book a professional chauffeur car service during your travels, you may contact Hyryde today at (UK T) +44 20 7117 6023 (USA T) +1 855 901 0303 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.