Despite the innovation and advances made in the business travel industry, challenges among business travelers still arise.
With countless opportunities to seize, overflowing works to be done, and a plethora of safety risk to be considered, corporate road warriors face a lot of dilemmas affecting their performance while travelling, which ultimately impacts the success of the trip.
Are you a business traveler?
Here is a list of eight business travel dilemmas and what to do when faced by them:
1. Packing matters- Smart packing matters,especially when having a business trip. You won’t wish to struggle from this dilemma on the day of your journey for it would cause you a whole lot of trouble and headaches.
- Forgetting important stuff to be placed in your luggage- Hustle is what will welcome you as you don’t keep in mind all the necessary things you needed for your trip.
What to do: Schedule ahead of time for preparing. It may save you from cramming in things right before your flight.
- You are not checking on security policies for luggage. Another thing to consider when traveling is the security policies. You won’t want to waste your time arguing with the TSA officer in charge.
What to do: Check for the belongings allowed in your bags and luggage to prevent this dilemma ahead.
2. Arriving late for security check- Not being able to arrive on time or ahead of time may bring you holdups at the security check in. Delayed flights and train trips are what this dilemma will bring unto your business trip, which may affect all your scheduled and prepared plans and inevitably ends up rushing things, as soon as you reach your destination.
What to do: Look out for some useful App like My TSA App that can inform you from time to time about the current security guidelines, available time to wait, and possible flight delays.
3. Delayed Trips- Most painful situation that could ever happen when having a business trip is the delayed trip. Important meetings with colleagues and your precious time that should be spent on the trip and other tasks scheduled will end up being misused and wasted. A heartbreak for every business traveler, not only that their time was lost for nothing, but also their plans were adjusted.
What to do: Make use of modern technology. Using your mobile phone check out for some essential applications online like
- App in the Air- Updates you with the status of your flight from time to time.
- National Rail App- Updates to system modifications, changes or postponements, and enables you to personalize potential travel data.
4. Lost receipts for reimbursement- If your company handles a bunch of operations, tracking bills or invoices can be complicated and might end up being lost. Keeping your papers, files, faulty processing schemes, or missed pieces of the document, specifically, your receipts or proof of purchase is a must or else you’ll suffer from painful consequences. Not being able to present your evidence of purchases right after a business trip may lead you to an inconvenient delay before reimbursement.
What to do: Instead of removing all of your locks or get into another dramatic step, breathe deeply, it is more crucial than ever to endorse yourself as a business traveler to the manner of monitoring expenditures automatically and submit spending accounts. This straightforward strategy would render business trip for many staff much less stressful.
5. Exceedingly delayed reimbursement-Try to ask some employee who travels frequently, you’ll likely discover that their major gripe is waiting for their reimbursement of expenses.
Reporting for all your expenses after a business trip isn’t that easy. Even after you’re able to submit your report on the company, the reimbursement can’t be done for the company’s accounts might demand a lot of time for processing our request.
What to do: Aside from a nonstop follow-up for your request, you can also introduce a mobile application that makes reporting convenient for the company at the same time it will assure the employee’s reimbursement requests are feasible and quick. The company can also have a complete awareness of expenses, with personalized knowledge on how cash is being used.
6. Lack of sleep- Apart from suffering jet lag, the drowsy feeling is the worst enemy of every business traveler. Not only that it could cause you fatigue but also your mental sharpness is affected too, which may result in lack of motivation while working on all your tasks and preparing for your meetings.
What to do: Choose to have an early morning or late-night flights. It can help you fall asleep as soon as you settle in for your travel, or hire a chauffeur that can give you the service that will suit your needs and wants while heading on to your destinations.
7. Important prescriptions- There is nothing worse than realizing that you forget to check for your medicines right after you reach your destination.
We all know that every business trip is crucial; it requires a lot of time and effort. However, it is also the time where you can show off what’s bests in you to contribute for the growth of the company, but how can you be at your best if you’re suffering from illness due to your forgotten medications?
What to do: Make it a daily routine to check for your medications, it can help you to remember things when you set the alarm to notify all the essential stuff like your medicines.
8. Overbooked Flight- Although it may not seem equal and right, it is legal and widespread practice for some airlines. Airlines overbook to ensure that the maximum capacity of each of their aircraft is fully met. They first calculate the possible offset that a certain number of travelers will miss the flight and sell additional tickets implying the calculated offset.
What to do: Get into the Airline ASAP. Prepare ahead of time for your flight. Typically, airline regulations say that when you don’t appear at least 15 – 30 minutes before your scheduled flight, you will lose your booking and will have to take the consequences.
Conclusion:A successful business trip requires a mindful preparation and healthy body and mind. It is an integral part of every business, which makes every business traveler prepared for their job. Always think in advance of the possible problems that may come up, with the best solutions to achieve the best results of your actions.
To ensure a seamless business journey, make sure you hire a reliable premium chauffeur service. To learn more about our services, visit our website at www.hyryde.com