Hiring a chauffeured coach transportation is one the latest trends among organizations and businesses that often send a group of employees out of the country or over a long distance for specific assignments, for vacation, or combination of both.
Not only chauffeured coaches are far more superior in comfort and amenities than any other type of ground transportation out there, but they are also considered as one of the safest modes of transport, according to International Road Transport Union and EU Care database 2012.
However, while this mode of transport is the best way to get around when in group business trip, it is worth noting that not all chauffeured coaches are made equal. To help you ensure that you choose the best possible chauffeured ground transportation provider, we have put together this checklist for chartering a chauffeured coach for your next group business trip.
- Research the Company, Fleet and the Staff
- How long has the company been in the business? An established company already has a reputation to offer, but a fledgling service provider may be able to offer more out-of-the-box features and benefits. Regardless if the company is already established or a fresh-start up, don’t hesitate to ask for proof of city or provincial operating authority to ensure that they are legitimate.
- How do their past clients view their service? Try to read as many reviews as possible to see if the company can provide top-notch service.
- What are the competencies of the staff? Ask about the company’s team, both “seen” – office members, chauffeurs, and “unseen” – mechanic and fleet maintenance staff. All chauffeurs should be licensed, and competent in both vehicle and people handling.
- What type of chauffeured coach vehicle is best?Rate each coach the company offers based on the need of your employees, e. bathrooms, Wi-Fi, TV, video, reclining seats, window shades, air conditioning, etc.
- Ensure Safety and Duty of Care
- How old are the coaches? If visual inspection is not possible, ask the company to send the actual pictures of the coach you are about to charter and find out how old the vehicles are.
- What are the safety features of the coach? Ask about safety features – antilock braking systems (ABS). Does the company comply with safe driving regulations? Ask to see inspection ratings issued by state/city authorities and ensure that you never contract with a company having an unsatisfactory rating.
- Does the company have a drug / alcohol testing program? DO NOT contract with any operator unable to provide evidence that they possess and enforce drug and alcohol testing programs.
- What are the qualities of the chauffeur? The company’s chauffeurs have valid, current CDL or “commercial driver’s license.” Also, ask about company policy for training drivers in essential customer service.
- Is Additional Driver Allowed? If travelling over long distances, make sure to ask about additional drivers. The chauffeur should not be allowed to drive the coach bus for more than 10 hours a day for safety reasons.
- Is Insurance Coverage In Place? If the bus is capable of carrying 16 or more persons – including the driver – the company must carry at least $5 million in automobile liability insurance coverage. Adequate coverage is essential as, when bus accidents do occur, they tend to involve multiple persons and serious injuries.
- Don’t Forget to Plan for the Trip
In order to ensure that choose the right ground transport provider, you must first create a plan for the trip, which basically entails the following:
- The destination
- The number of travelling employees
- The itinerary, e., when and where the coach will stop.
- The duration of the business trip.
- The group’s travel needs and preference.
- The budget for the trip.
Once you finish drafting the plan, ask the company you’re planning to hire about their pricing and packages and find out if the price including other expenses such as parking, tools, and driver’s accommodation.
At Hyryde, our chauffeured coach services continue to rise among business travellers that understand how complex and difficult to plan a group business trip is. By hiring our services, your employees will be able to enjoy the pinnacle of travelling as we combine comfort, convenience, luxury, and security on every trip.
To learn more about our Premium Chauffeured Services, contact Hyryde today at +44 (0) 207 117 6023 for UK business travellers and +1 855 901 0303 for US-based corporate travellers. You can also send your questions and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org