Corporate travel manager is responsible for managing every bits and piece of business travellers’ needs. They have a goal of maintaining a productive and safe trip for their clients, and that is often achieved by balancing company needs and traveller’s wants.
Today, modern technology has significantly streamlined travel management, enabling more corporate road warriors to participate in so-called “bleisure”. More than just allowing the traveller to visit popular tourist spots in their destination, bleisure also allows them to experience leisure through upscale accommodation, transportation, and amenities.
Such a level of expectation by business travellers has made it more challenging for many companies to handle the needs and wants of their employees.
In this infographic, we will discuss the different ways travel managers can help companies balance their own requirements and their traveller’s needs. But first, let us define the qualities of a need and want during a business trip.
The sole purpose for a business trip is to conduct business matter that elevates your company’s credibility globally. With the amount of resources needed for this particular business endeavour, you have to allocate your costs responsibly.
Corporate travel managers can usher and create a detailed budget fit for your travel needs. Business trips should not be expensive unless the business executive prefers different kinds of services. Let’s list some travel needs that corporate travel managers and business executives should be keen about:
- Hotel Accommodation
- Chauffeur Car Service
- Plane Ticket
- Travel Insurance
- Medical Prescriptions
Every destination that business travellers go to has beautiful tourist destinations or activities that are hardly unnoticeable. For companies, allowing your employees to visit these spots or do those activities can ensure they stay committed with your company’s goals. Below is a list of examples that business travellers aspire to experience during their trips:
- Try Authentic Cuisine in a Local Restaurant
- Visit Tourist Destinations
- Buy Souvenirs Locally Made
- Visit Museums and Monuments
- Relax at a Spa
Ways on How to Balance Traveler Company Needs and Wants
Now that we have an idea on the differences of what traveller needs and wants are, it is now the time to maximise your management through balancing its purpose for business executives. Here are five ways on how you can manage a successful business trip with both considering travel needs and wants:
- Evaluate Business Travelers Schedule – When making an itinerary, make sure that their schedule will provide the travellers with enough time to experience the city and at the same time stay productive with their assigned work.
- Always Consider the Safety of Business Travelers – Business travelling has its risks as well which can derail the success of the trip. The safety of travellers lies between your hands, so make sure that you accurately assess every possible situation along the journey starting from their arrival on the airport through their chauffeur car service pick up going home.
- Find Hotel Accommodation Near Tourist Attractions – Since most travel executives are tight on their schedule; you may offer an option that can both let them rest and see the beautiful tourist spots in just a few blocks away. Make sure that you choose the right hotel accommodation by considering the price of their rooms, room service, and customer reviews will ensure that business travellers will have a good time in that particular city.
- Make Use of Travel Technology – Most travel transactions nowadays take place through mobile and desktop computers. You should provide reliable travel expense trackers to the employees to let them see that their money is on the watch and that if there are unforeseen events that hinder them from using their cash and cards, they can quickly call their banks.
- Hire Professional Ground Transportation Services – Hiring a luxury chauffeur car service for business executives can surely perform a comfortable and luxurious experience for business travellers. Local chauffeurs can also provide exact routes that which ensures that you’ll meet your clients and business partners on-time. A chauffeured car service can also make an impression for travellers that they are reputable and trustworthy, and for you as a corporate travel manager, you are hitting two birds with one stone for their travel needs and wants.
If you are interested to know more about how you can balance a business traveller’s trip as a travel manager, you may visit our website at www.hyryde.com.
To book a professional chauffeur car service during your travels, you may contact Hyryde today at (UK T) +44 20 7117 6023 (USA T) +1 855 901 0303 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.