From preparing for your business trip through the actual trip itself, specific problems will always arise out of what you already planned. Most business travellers have a hard time to juggle everything that happens during their travels, and it is no doubt that the amount of physical and mental stress does affect the health of a traveller.
In some instances that problems arise, some people smartly pack a backup plan just in case some services might fail to comply with the booked schedule. But, in other cases, some travellers end up having a bad flight, worst hotel service, and a missed meeting that eventually disrupts the primary purpose of the trip.
If you have been travelling for quite a while now for business, you are now exposed to the reality of how travelling can cost and how should it be adequately dealt with before and after. Today, as the business community relies on technology, the escalating dilemma of business travel also follows through.
In this article, we will discuss five biggest business travel dilemmas that you should be mindful of during your travels, and also, how can you overcome them in most of your travels.
1. Missed Flight – One of the most common business travel dilemmas is having a missed flight. One might have a late start in the morning or have complications with traffic on the road before arriving at the airport. Luckily, there are a lot of remedies that one can consider if they missed their flight.
One of such is booking a chauffeur car service to help you get to the airport – and back – without any hassles.
There is also a little-known rule in the airline industry that is known as the two-hour rule or the flat-tire government. This is an actual policy at US Airways and Southwest as well as several other airlines, but it isn’t publicised.
2. Lost Luggage – As a traveller, it is your responsibility to be mindful of your belongings especially during long trips overseas. But at some point, some airlines fail to take the good of parcels and baggage’s during trips and end up misplacing these things. That is why it is important to pack lightly instead of bringing a ton of suitcases that will only cost you more for your trip.
3. Unforeseen Accidents – Some trips can be dangerous because of having inclement weather, turbulence that causes aircraft to shift substantially, etc. In some cases, passengers’ experiences to be severely hurt physically, and this is not only applicable when your travel by air, but also in the land. Having travel insurance and protection can help employees and executives cover some expenses that may happen with accidents, especially if they are in another country. Investing in travel insurance and security ensures that your business is protected against unseen circumstances.
4. Poor Health Condition – One of the most common aftermaths that every traveller experience during their travels is jet lag. Jet lag causes the whole body to slow down its pace by having short periods of sleep, a significant drop in blood pressure and lowers the metabolism of a person. To overcome this kind of distress on your body, always ensure that you have enough strength and rest before your trip and try to do some light exercise in the morning during your travels. In this kind of pace, you are allowing your body to breathe and adapt to the international climate and time zone, which will not complicate your body circulation during your stay.
5. Visiting Conservative Countries and Understanding their Ethics – Since most travellers are exposed to different nationalities in the places that they are travelling in, one of the common dilemmas of every traveller is with how they can cope up with the values and ethics that a particular country has. Some might have a hard time to communicate primarily with locals that are not familiar with speaking the English language and end up having an impression for travellers of being rude and unlikable to interact with. One good way on how one can adapt to conservative countries is by researching what common traits and rules should be done when travelling in that country. It is best to take notes and learn some key phrases that you can use to let them see that your purpose is to have a good business relationship with your clients in that country.
To ensure that you will have safe business travel, contact Hyryde today to know more about the chauffeur car services that we can offer during your travels.